She even has brown hair and bangs like I do! I hate the shoes, but I have a pink floral skirt that I made out of an old curtain from my mom's rag bag. And she's wearing black tights! I LIVE in black tights. This is fate.
So, after a little experimentation, I came up with...
Everything in this outfit is the closest match I could find for pieces I already had in my closet - except the purse. That is a new acquisition. I just bought this exact Michael Kors bag. And it's beautiful. And I think it will even fit my laptop, we shall see.
Anyways, let's see what went on here.
- Olive green with pink/floral - The color pairing is fresh, very now, looks spring-y.
- Heavy sweater with short, poofy skirt - Has a girlish, playful quality, and the skirt takes this heavy sweater out of the winter.
- Girly hair helps - I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to try this with a different hairstyle, and not just because I was copying the inspiration pic. But an on-trend hairstyle helps me feel more with it, in just about everything.
- Black tights balanced with black cropped military jacket - In the inspiration pic, she balances the black tights with a black bag, and her shoes (kind of) go with her skirt. But I absolutely cannot plan an outfit without thinking about what kind of jacket to wear, because I'm constantly walking around San Francisco freezing. The jacket I have is INC from Macy's which I bought a few years ago on a whim while hanging out at the mall, waiting for my car to be repaired. I wear it all the time, so it was a lucky little breakdown I guess. ;) And it's a stretchy material, kind of sweatshirt-y, so it's actually comfortable.
- Warm brown leather shoes and bag - I have a pair of Nine West heels with a round capped toe, and a deco-type ankle strap that I have probably had for 8 years or more. I couldn't find a picture of anything even close, so just try to imagine these without the mega-platform. But, the warm, reddish tone kind of ties into the colors in the skirt, and matches my fabulous new purse, not to mention tones of my hair.
How successful was the oufit?
That is somewhat debatable. I'm not the same size as the girl in my inspiration pic, and so the sweater doesn't hang in quite the same way.... I can tend to feel dumpy in that particular cut of cotton cable sweater. But overall, I liked it, and I'll definitely wear it again. And the combination of the olive green and the pink floral is going to make another appearance here shortly. Stay tuned. Would love your thoughts. :)